18 July 2005

Blog break until July 22nd

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for hot and humid Florida. Tomorrow afternoon thru Friday morning I will be at the Conchologists of America convention at Fort Myers. Come to think of it, it’s been pretty hot and humid here in Maryland too, so I think the weather will feel the same and luckily no hurricanes are being predicted for this week.

My presentation, Say’s snails: from 1817 to 2005, is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. I am hoping there will be opportunities to do some snail collecting and snail watching between the daily thunderstorms.

Bye for now and don't forget to take the garbage out while I am away.

1 comment:

tony g said...

just a note on some news that arrived while your were in FL -- i didn;t write much on it myself but might soon -- anyway the scoop is here:

http://milkriver.blogspot.com/2005/07/env-new-silk-producing-snail-predators.html