08 July 2005

Friday nite's beer review: J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown


This beer is one of my all time favorites. It is very slightly sweet, not bitter and has a light aroma.

It is brewed by the High Falls Brewing Company in Rochester, New York. According to the company's Web site, this is a "pilsner-style beer", although it is certainly darker and more flavorful than most pilsners I have tasted. I tried to figure out who J. W. Dundee is/was, but couldn't find any relevant information on their site.

Cheers!

Previous beer reviews:
Black Chocolate Stout from New York
Coopers Extra Stout from down under

3 comments:

OlBlu said...

I'm originally from Illinois and this is my favorite beer of all time. I moved out to San Diego in 2000 and was unable to find anyone that stocked this beer since that time. Today I ran across a six pack while in an area grocery store. That first sip was a beatiful thing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BEER! We have a place in NC that sells it on the extensive beer list. Its called Mac's. Still cant find it any grocery store besides, Total Wine.

Anonymous said...

This beer rocks! It is my favorite of all time. Been drinking it for ten years now.