27 July 2005

Sadly, life is but a dream

An e-mail from the Niece announced that in a recent dream of her, my wife had appeared as a 9-foot (~3-meter) character of some sort. When I relayed this pertinent piece of information to my wife, she responded that she had always wanted to be taller.

Then I realized that her lifelong dream of being taller had come true in someone else’s dream.

Now, what would be a good adverb to lead such a sentence?

Ironically, her dream came true in someone else's dream.

Unfortunately, her dream came true in someone else's dream.

Fill in the blank with your choice.

__________, her dream came true in someone else's dream.

2 comments:

deniz bevan said...

I thought of another two!

Disappointingly, her dream came true in someone else's dream

or

Sadly, her dream came true *only* in someone else's dream

Henry said...

Enviably, her dream came true in someone else's dream.