03 August 2005

Free-access science journals on the Internet

These are some of the journals from my personal list. They provide free access to full texts (not just the abstracts) of published papers. There are more, but I will save those for a future post.

I have tried to cover a wide range of sciences, including archaeology, zoology, conservation, evolution, palaeontology, and even, spelunking.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica

Animal Biodiversity and Conservation

American Journal of Archaeology (Download entire issues as pdf files, but the print function is disabled.)

BioMed Central journals

Journal of Cave and Karst Studies

Journal of Tropical Biology (Revista de Biologia Tropical)

Palaeontologia Electronica

Plosbiology

Proceedings of the Oklahoma Academy of Science up to 2003 (The journal you’ve been dying to read!)

Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy

Raffles Bulletin of Zoology

Turkish Journal of Zoology

Zoological Studies

3 comments:

afarensis said...

Can I swipe these for the journal list I have on my blog? I've been looking for some free access journals.

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Feel free to do whatever you wish to do with them.

I'll be posting more.

h0g said...

Thanks for the links Aorstan! (Sorry, I don't know how to type the umlaut above the "o" in your name)

Look forward to browsing through these sites.

Regards - Pete.