22 January 2006

How to view this blog properly

A friend just warned me in an e-mail that some characters on my posts, the quotes, the apostrophe and the Turkish characters, will not display properly unless the encoding is set to Unicode (UTF-8). If you are using Internet Explorer, you may change the encoding under View. If you are using some other browser, I am sorry but I don't know how to help you. I wasn't aware of this problem before, because everything looks fine on all the computers I use. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In the meantime, I will try to fix the characters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To set UTF-8 on the Mac using:
Safari go to Preferences> Appearnce and change the "Default Encoding" to UTF-8.

Explorer go to Preferences> Web Browser > Languages and add Turkis to the languages box. You may not have to set UTF-8, Western (Latin 1) works for me.

Mozilla (AOL) go to Prefrences> WWW > Language/ Fonts.
This site works well if Turkish is added to the Languages and default encoding is Turkish (ISO-8859-9).

John said...

In Firefox:

View -> Character Encoding

tony g said...

Aydin,

please contact me at hurricanetg(a)hotmail.com -- i have a CotS submission to forward to you and i can't find your email.

thanks,
tony g

tony g said...

Never mind, i'm confused here

tony g