07 May 2006

Elle a chaud au cul

Over at Abnormal Interests, Duane claims abnormally that he has the real Mona Lisa on the wall of his living room. Well, I've got news for him. I was down at D.C. today and I saw the Mona Lisa, facial hair and all, hanging outside the entrance of the National Gallery of Art. Now, that's gotta be the real one...

monalisa
This huge reproduction of Marcel Duchamp's L.H.O.O.Q. is currently hanging outside the East Building of the National Gallery of Art in conjuction with the ongoing exhibition Dada. The original, which is in the exhibition, is barely larger than a postcard.

2 comments:

Duane said...

Wow! Now I believe there are two real Mona Lisa's.

Anonymous said...

there aren't 2, marcel just used pencil to sketch over the origina Amon L'isa(yes, note my creative use of Da Vinci Code language)