01 July 2006

Looong blog break


With sincere apologies to the regular readers, I will be shutting down the operations for about 3 weeks. Tomorrow I am leaving for Turkey for 18 days. I will have intermittent access to e-mail and the Internet, but blogging would be an extra burden on top of all the other planned activities. I won’t be posting again probably until a day or 2 after I return on 19 July.

Briefly, here is our shedyool. Tomorrow evening Tim Pearce and I will leave on the Delta flight from New York to Istanbul to arrive there the next day. Sunday nite we will take an evening bus from Istanbul to Kuşadası on the western coast. On Tuesday Zeki Yıldırım et al. will join us and we (5 guys and 1 gal) will head south to do some serious surveying for land snails. Our expedition will concentrate on high mountains.

After about 10 days of mountain climbing, snail collecting and other fun stuff, Tim and I will return to Istanbul. We will spend 3-4 days in Istanbul, get together with some friends and do more snail surveys. We will be back in the U.S. on 19 July.

I have 3+ GB of memory in my camera, which means I will bring back lots and lots of pictures and, in addition, there will be many stories to tell.

Be good, keep bloggin' and don't forget to feed the cats while I'm gone.

6 comments:

Duane said...

Have a great and productive time. I look forward to you reports when you get back.

pascal said...

I'll try to fill the big gap in snail bloggin' while your gone with my meager offerings.

budak said...

Have fun! Somehow I doubt 3G will be sufficient....

Roger B. said...

Have a great trip! Look forward to seeing your photos.

Dana said...

Did you fly from Istanbul on July 19 with Delta 73? Maybe we were on the same flight. I found you from flickr when searching for "snails." Small world.

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Yes, I was on that flight too.