19 October 2006

Welcome to my neighborhood

MYPLACE2

This is a satellite photo from Google Earth of where I live. The red arrow points to my house. To the north and about a 5-minute walk away is Black Hill Regional Park, my usual prowling ground; diagonally cutting it is a long utility clearing for buried gas(?) pipes. To the west is the northeast tip of Little Seneca Lake, a reservoir created in the early 1980s by damming Little Seneca Creek. The creek itself is obscured by the trees; what is visible is another utility clearing running alongside the creek.

Drop by sometime, we'll go explore the woods.

6 comments:

John said...

Nice location. I hear that's a good birding spot, but I have not been there yet to check it out.

Roger B. said...

What a good idea. I think I'll post an an aerial pic of my 'habitat' too!

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

There are always ducks & other water birds in the lake & I frequently hear woodpeckers in the woods, but I am not much of a birder, so don't go by my word.

afarensis said...

Ever see any snakes? Or bones?

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

I have encountered snakes on occasion, but bones are more common, especially those of deer.

Anonymous said...

looks like you're the leading edge of the urban sprawl into pristine woods. stop mowing your lawn and promote some vegetation-sprawl.