24 November 2006

I am a male! Woo hoo!

The Gender Genie, link via A Snail's Eye View, has correctly figured out my gender as male.

I submitted 2 of my blog posts. The first one, Funeral march for a dead slug, received a Female Score of 273 and a Male Score of 408, while the second one, A lord in Europa Minor, got a Female Score of 424 and a Male Score of 662. The male to female score ratios are 1.49 and 1.56, respectively.

The determination, it seems, is based on the comparing of the frequencies of feminine and masculine "keywords". In both of my sample writings, I use the and are, 2 of the masculine keywords, a lot of times. But, I also use not and with, 2 of the feminine keywords, many times.

If you are having 2nd thoughts about your gender, let the Gender Genie help you out.

5 comments:

deniz said...

well! for some reason it thought I ws a male too! but maybe that was because I submitted a letter I wrote to the bank... My work documents are also male, apparently...

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Don't let Ryan hear that!

Duane said...

WOW! You are certainly a macho man. I submitted my post "Problems of Using Linguistic Evidence to Date Texts" and got a male to female ration of 1.10. My post on a piano concert we recently attended got a 1.16. Perhaps I need to use "around" more often.

Snail said...

I'm still scratching my head over how the was identified as a male keyword. That's a weird one.

Pamela said...

I'm male too! I'm a bit surprised...