26 January 2007

I am a peer reviewer (and a beer reviewer)

In a post back in June of last year I explained why I had turned down a request from an editor of a journal to peer review a manuscript on cyclodextrins. I also noted that during my approximately 7-year "career" in malacology, I had not yet been asked to review a manuscript dealing with snails. That has now changed. Yesterday I received by e-mail from the editors of the Venezuelan journal La Revista Científica UDO Agrícola a manuscript to review. And this one is about snails.

OK, Revista Científica UDO Agrícola may not be one of the top-rated journals (I didn’t even know it existed until yesterday), but, hey, it’s a serious, peer-reviewed scientific journal and that's good enough for me. And obviously, the editors are taking their duties seriously and, as a reviewer, I will be taking my responsibilities seriously.

Cheers!

No comments: