25 March 2007

Sunday nite’s beer review: Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale

The spring has sprung and what is on the label of the beer I am drinking? A snowman. Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale is brewed by Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis, Missouri. The label says it was aged “on bourbon barrel oak and vanilla beans”. It indeed has a somewhat unusual flavor for a beer; I do detect some vanilla-like aroma with a hint of clover, perhaps. And the color is a pleasant dark reddish brown.

WBCA

The last time I tried an Anheuser-Busch beer 4-5 years ago, some sort of amber brew, I was so disappointed (and annoyed) with the lack of any discernible flavor and the water-like mouth feel of it that I have stayed away from their products since then. But, this one isn’t bad at all.

According to this press release from Anheuser-Busch, this beer has 6% alcohol and was available through February. So I am a month behind.

Cheers!

No comments: