I have been tagged with this meme twice, first by Clare Dudman from Keeper of the Snails and then by Snail from A Snail's Eye View. I guess I should have come up with 16 random facts about myself, but I barely have time for 8 now.
Besides, I have already disclosed some secrets and concise facts about myself before. Here are 8 more.
1. When I was 9 or 10, a girl about my age lived on our street. One day we secretly exchanged drawings of our genitals. I was disappointed when I could make no sense of what she'd drawn.
2. In the late 1970s for about 3 years I smoked a pipe. I don't smoke anymore, but I still have the pipe in a box somewhere. Here is the only picture known to me that shows me with a pipe in my mouth. I also had long hair and a funny beard on my chin.
3. I've never read a complete work of either Shakespeare or Dickens. And I don't think I ever will.
4. My wife is a 2nd generation Greek-American. She only knows a few words of Greek, though.
5. I've had a beard, this time covering most of my lower face, since the summer of 1995. It's been turning white slowly (here's a recent photo of me wearing a giant ring).
6. I stopped reading newspapers around 1995 and watching TV around 2001. Now I get my daily news from the Internet.
7. I subscribe to the New Scientist and Archaeology and pick up a free copy of the Onion ("America's Finest News Source") every Thursday from the box outside the College Park Metro station.
8. I love to eat chocolate-covered marzipan and almond butter mixed with maple syrup. One day I would like to figure out why marzipan and almond butter have such different colors and flavors even though they are both made from almonds.
If you are reading this post consider yourself tagged and tell us 8 things, random or otherwise, about yourself!