31 October 2007

Wind turbines on the way home from Pittsburgh

turbines

These wind turbines suddenly came into view on the Pennsylvania Turnpike last Sunday. I slammed on the breaks; luckily, there were no cars behind me and the shoulder alongside the road was quite wide. I grabbed my camera and got out to take a couple of photos while the traffic was zooming past me.

It had been about an hour since I had left Pittsburgh, but, otherwise, I didn't really know where I was. To remedy the situation, I also recorded the GPS coordinates.

GoogleTurnibes

In the satelllite photo from Google Earth, my location is marked near the upper lefthand corner, while the 4 wind turbines are indicated by the red arrows near the lower righthand corner. Google Earth shows a 5th turbine further below, but it is not in my photos and I don't think it was visible to me from where I was.

So there I was.

1 comment:

The Snailwatcher said...

That sounds like something I would do,but nice to see you share an interest in windmills as well.