06 January 2008

Where all that money goes

I have decided to spend all of my money on books, journals and photographic equipment (and also on beer and chocolate covered marzipan).

To implement my plan, I have renewed my subscriptions to the Invertebrate Biology and Basteria and started a subscription to the Journal of Conchology. I will soon be renewing my subscriptions to the Zoology in the Middle East and Triton. Moreover, I just became a member of the Florida Academy of Sciences. They publish this neat journal called the Florida Scientist.

I also get the New Scientist and the Archaeology, but they are not up for renewal for a while.

I will soon be ordering some books and a new flash for my camera. But now I am off to buy beer and chocolate covered marzipan.

7 comments:

Ardent said...

We have marzipan in Australia, but not chocolate coated. Who manufactures that Product?

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

It comes from Europe. I don't have a wrapper at the moment. If you search the Internet for chocolate covered marzipan, you will gets lots of hits.

Arno said...

I hope your wife doesn't read this,she wouldn't be pleased ..

ps:we have chocolate coated marzipan here(Holland)but only at a certain time of year(December)

Kevin Z said...

How did you become a fellow of FAS? Do you do alot of work there?

I spend all my money on Chimay. They have it on tap at my favorite downtown bar. Whenever I feel depressed with grad school or accomplished something and feel good, I go down there and lay my $10 down. The I get a regular beer after that lol.

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

I paid $30. That's how I joined the FAS.

Katie said...

Hmmmmm. Chocolate covered marzipan. One of my favorites. Good choice for an expenditure! What type of photography exquipment are you buying?

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Well, I am embarressed to say this, but the flash I have been using (besides the camera's internal flash) is about 25 years old & is as simple as it gets. It's just a flash with no controls whatsoever. (I had to tape a piece of paper in front of it to cut down the light intensity for macro work!) Anyway, now something is wrong with its connections & it doesn't always fire. So the 1st thing to get is a new flash.