04 April 2008

Goodbye Temi

TemiLast

Our beloved Temi reached the end of the road this morning at the ripe age of 19.5 years. We had adopted her in December 1988 when she was estimated to be 3 months old.

Two weeks ago one of her hind legs broke while she was trying to scratch herself. Subsequent X-rays and blood tests revealed that she had what the doctors thought was advanced sarcoma. She survived on pain killers until this morning when the vet determined that her lungs were filling with fluid and her liver was enlarged; we decided it was time to draw the line. The picture above was taken last weekend when I took her out to the backyard for the last time. (The bandage on her front leg was for the IV catheter.)

TemiXray

Since she lived so long, I figured she had some pretty good genes that would be a shame to lose. So I had the vet snip off the tip of her tongue, which is now resting in 95% alcohol in the refrigerator.

TemiTongue

Maybe we'll have her cloned one day!


10 comments:

Cindy said...

So sorry for your loss :(

Deniz Bevan said...

Goodbye Temi...
Perhaps now another Marissa will follow you home?

Nuthatch said...

Oh, what a bummer, Aydin. She looked damn good for nearly 20, sweet thing (er, I'm referring to her, not you). Hope you have tons of great memories.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Aydin, it's a great loss to lose a good sweet kitty. But you are right she had a good long ride, the pretty girl.

Susan

Beste said...

She was a regal cat. We are going to miss her.

Wanderin' Weeta said...

My condolences. You will miss her always.

Dave Coulter said...

I'm sorry to hear that. We never forget our pets. It sounds like Temi had a wonderful life.

Duane Smith said...

I am so sorry to hear about Temi. As someone who has lived with cats most of my adult life, I understand the feeling of loss. I always enjoyed Temi's appearances on your blog.

O. B. Sirius said...

My condolences, also. I think the tongue thing might be a bit odd, but you did the right thing letting her go. Always tough to say goodbye to a member of the family.
ZoAnn

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

We appreciate everybody's kind thoughts.