30 July 2008

Pictures from high above 9: a triangle on the ground

TriangleOnGround

I took this picture on the way to Montreal from Washington, DC last Friday.

For all the previous entries in this series I was able to locate the places in Google Earth. But in this case I didn't even try. The only clue I have is that the picture was taken about 20 minutes after we took off from the Washington National Airport.

The picture from high above No. 8 was some place along the Potomac and remains unidentified.


5 comments:

xoggoth said...

Hey that's my house! Oh, no wait, It probably isn't. Montreal, Potomac, that's not in England is it? Places all look the same from above.

PS Hey, I think I can see my van!

John said...

How about here: 39.165805, -77.514467

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Indeed! But how? I was going to look for it in Pennsylvania or New York. I had no idea we were still near home. The picture was taken at 12:03. The plane was scheduled to take off from National Airport at 11:35. We must have been a little late.

Kevin Zelnio said...

Wait! You mean they didn't confiscate your potentially dangerous camera?? I mean, it could harbor a bomb, or you could through it a flight attendant and knock her out!

John said...

The last time I flew out of National Airport, the place followed the Potomac west for a while before changing course. So I just followed the Potomac in Google Maps until I saw it.