02 July 2008

Shameless self-promotion

In this post back in December 2007, I wrote that I was reviewing a manuscript for the open-access malacology journal Malacologica Bohemoslovaca published by the Institute of Zoology at the Slovak Academy of Sciences.

One thing led to another and last May the editor Libor Dvořák invited me to join the journal's editorial board. I thought about it for about a week and then accepted the offer. My responsibility would be to do a preliminary review of the manuscripts dealing with the malacological fauna of Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, etc., and then to find suitable reviewers for them. This would be followed by the collection and the forwarding of the reviews to the editor. What made me hesitate was the potential extra work (and headaches) this could create. But I decided to give it a try. I can always resign.

So, for whatever it's worth, yours truly is now on the editorial board of the Malacologica Bohemoslovaca.


2 comments:

Snail said...

Congratulations!

Alopia said...

Congratulations, Aydin abi!

Barna Páll-Gergely from Hungary