Certain anonymous comments* posted by one or more readers after this recent post has prompted me to list these reminders to my dear readers.
1. Despite the Santayana quote in the sidebar, yes, I have an axe that gets dull occasionally and needs grinding. This is not your run-of-the-mill newspaper or magazine where the editors do their best not to offend their readers' cherished beliefs and even bend over backwards to reinforce them. That's because they are afraid of losing their sources of income. Here is a piece of news for you, in case you haven't noticed: newspapers don't exist to bring you the news; they exist to bring you the advertisements.
But I don't have such concerns. As already stated in this post, one purpose of this blog is to inject my opinions into your minds. If you don't like a particular post, ignore it or leave a proper comment. If you don't like this blog, don't read it.
2. This is my blog. That means I can insult you, but you can't insult me. All insulting comments have been and will be deleted (that's when the ax comes in handy). If you want to insult me, do it on your blog. I wouldn't read it and I couldn't care less.
3. If you have something important to say in your comment, put your name under it. What are you afraid of?
4. Make sure your comments are relevant to the original context of the post you are commenting on. Totally irrelevant and nonsensical comments with links to commercial sites are also deleted as well as the comments with links to creationist (=intelligent design) sites.
5. If you get insulted whenever I or someone else criticizes or ridicules your cherished beliefs, I seriously think you have insecurities and uncertainties about what you believe is true. Maybe it's time you considered switching over to our side. Let's remember what John Lennon said: You may say that I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us.
Thank you for reading this blog.
*Including one comment I had to delete.