11 September 2010

A rainbow seemingly within reach


I spotted this almost ground level rainbow in the park near my house a few days ago. There was a fire truck nearby that was squirting a tall column of water into the air (for what purpose, I don't know). The water was falling into the lake in the form of a fine mist visible as a white cloud in the picture. The rainbow had formed in the mist right above the lake below the grassy slope.

As I was getting my companion positioned in the scene to get a photo of her with the rainbow, the firefighters shut off the water and the rainbow was no more.

4 comments:

Duane said...

It must have been easy to find the pot of gold.

forestwalk/laura k said...

i was just going to say what Duane said! ha!

anyway, at least you got THIS shot off before the water was no more...:]

xoggoth said...

Natural rainbows can come to earth close by too. Took a photo of one last year ending in the wood just behind our house.

Cath said...

Beautiful rainbow