11 May 2011

Here is another dead bird

The perennial question, where do dead birds go?, has been answered on at least 4 occasions on this blog*. The plain, and the only, answer is that they fall down from the sky and then get eaten.


This dead robin was on a sidewalk near my house a few days ago. There were flies and dark gray beetles on it. I don't know what those beetles were. And I couldn't get a good picture of them, because all I had with me was my iPhone. The thing over the bird's eye was one of the beetles. In the next picture you will see that it moved between the 2 shots.


So once again, dead birds get eaten like everything else that is dead.


*See this and this and this and this post.

8 comments:

Zombie said...

all dead birds go to heaven. lol.

mrs sharma said...

you said - another dead bird. where is the first one?

Adorably Dead said...

lol @ zombie.

Poor bird. Although it is interesting the way things decompose and get eaten.

AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

Follow the links, Mrs. Sharma.

Emma said...

R.I.P Mr Bird. You´re in a better place now.

fuzzyscalpel said...

This is kind of random, but your post reminds me of one time my parents decided they had seen an unusual amount of dead birds along the road lately. They were nearly convinced that there was some sort of government conspiracy or secret warfare going on.

charmie said...

That's very informative... but also very sad...

The Igloo Oven said...

I've seen a fair share of birds fly into windows. Usually they fly off okay, just a bit startled. I did see one once fall dead after, maybe broke its neck.

I try not to keep my windows too clean and see through looking.